Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lessons Learned

It has been a crazy month with leaving and returning to Stella. I left thinking what I wanted was organization, which I felt Stella lacked, but it turns out feeling at home where I work (especially when so far from the only province I've ever called home) was more important. Flexibility and relationships are important. Everything is working out perfectly so that I can both enjoy the time while my mom is here visiting and actually come home for Christmas.

It's strange, too, how living without the majority of my 'things' for four months is not so hard. Mom had asked me what I wanted her to bring of mine when she visits. Initially, I thought I would have a hard time narrowing down the list, turns out the opposite was true: I could barely make one. I have managed for so long with what little I have and, for the most part, it's enough. My Buffy obsession needed to be satisfied though, and without that I would have gone mad with homesickness I'm sure.

Things I used to think I definitely did not want to part with, like my huge CD collection, I am okay without... at least now that I finally have access to the majority of it on my computer again. Movies and TV are just time wasters...granted, now I have cable, so time still gets wasted (and there's always the internet, too). However, there is less desire to 'collect' and that's probably because I'm actually doing something with myself other than being stuck in a city that I knew I wasn't meant to stay my whole life in. Much as I love Victoria, this is definitely what I needed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment