Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reflections

I’ve been feeling for a while like I’m simply on vacation, not starting all over again on the opposite side of the country. So, with each step closer to Ottawa, I have a moment where I wonder what the hell I’m doing and whether I can really pull it off.

A few things have kept me sane over the past week and a half. As I left Jasper and crossed Alberta to Calgary, it was remembering the conversation I had with Becky about bravery the day before I left Victoria. Everyone seems to think I’m brave to embark on this journey, but for the most part I haven’t been afraid; and you need to have fear in order to be brave and overcome the fear. Now, I am having ‘moments of bravery’.

Again in Calgary, my resolve started to waver once I had purchased my ticket to Winnipeg. I wanted desperately to hear my mom’s voice. And I got my wish a couple of hours later when she “accidentally” called me back while checking her voicemail. She encouraged me, after asking first if I wanted to come home, as she did again yesterday while I was in Winnipeg.

Today I wasn’t necessarily feeling upset or weird about this whole thing, but I did start to really pay attention when Vince Vaccaro started to play on my mp3 player.


Find more fireandsun songs at Myspace Music

Coco
Staring at my feet so full of stories
Starting from the time I left this city
It's such a big world for the taking
All you need is just to leave
And all the things that try to keep you here
You know that they ain't real

Whoa, all you need is just to go
Whoa, all you need is just to go

Sometimes nothing feels like it's going
If you still believe, anything can happen
Under the sun we're all the same
And all the boundaries we made are keeping us away
There's something better, feels like the sea
They call it freedom 
and I want to be Free


Don't you want to be free? Free.
Don't you want to be free? Free.
Free.
 Whoa, all you need is just to go
Whoa, all you need is just to go

And if there's something that you want
reach out and take it
And if there's something that you need
reach out and say it
Life is a colourbook and I, I want to fill it
Life is a colourbook and I, I want to fill it





No comments:

Post a Comment